Tuesday, April 28, 2009

How to turn my tank with plants into a planted tank? what fish to get?

I seem to be able to grow plants well. Im trying to make an aqua scape with the plants and materials I have.


I want to have cory cats of some sort, any suggestions?





sand substrate


5 blackskirt tetras


java moss, java fern, amazon sword

How to turn my tank with plants into a planted tank? what fish to get?
Well you don't say how many gallons your tank holds but I'd go with dwarf corys, spotted corys or panda corys. They all stay under 3" (the dwarf's only get 1.5 to 2" mine are 1.5) They are great and have a nice personality. They also get along with tetras very well and are a great addittion for a community tank. BUT please post how many gallons your tank is so people can give you a good answer.
Reply:What's the tank size?


Any cory cat variety should do fine-assuming the tank is large enough, they love the softer sand substrates. If the tank is large enough, be sure to get a minimum of 3 of them of the same kind/variety, though more is better. They're a shoaling fish and love to be in groups.


No comments:

Post a Comment