Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Please click!!! What more do I need for my tetras and beta? What should this combined habitat be like???

I have a beta in a ten gallon tank. I plan to get 5, maybe later 6 neon tetras (please do NOT question this).





My tank has a dark gravel. i have a few plants: a group of 2 sets (however many comes in a small set at petco...6?) of sword plants? (not sure of the name.) These plants are getting thicker by the day. I also have a small set of some kind of freshwater fern. the gallon is 10 gallons. I am not expecting to breed the tetras unless they breed themselves. i have a power filter. i have beta food (IS BETA FOOD ALRIGHT FOR TETRAS??? its Hikari betta bio-gold), freeze dried bloodworms (yes they are actuall bloodworms) and 2 trial packs of tropical fish flakes. what else do i need to get for my beta and tetras. the only reason i ask this is what i need to do for BOTH the fish. Sure, i can find out alot of info on betas and a lot about tetras but nothing about them being together! PLEASE HELP!!! (p.s. you can do a full paragraph answer and stuff, but please make a list of what i need.

Please click!!! What more do I need for my tetras and beta? What should this combined habitat be like???
The tank sounds perfect. The Tetras will be just fine with Betta pellets, as both are carnivorous. I actually feed my Betta and Tetras South American Cichlid pellets because they're basically the same thing, but cheaper! Is the "freshwater fern" Java Fern or "aqua fern"? Java Fern is a true aquatic plant, but "aqua fern" is just a terrestrial fern in water, which will soon rot. Really, it sounds like you've got the whole tank together, just make sure you have the stuff for maintenace: siphon hose, bucket for siphoning into, net, test kits (for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and pH), a stand, and possibly a good aquarium book.

Textiles

No comments:

Post a Comment