Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New goldfish tank! Yay!?

I am setting up a 55 gal for my lovely old veiltail-type goldfish.





He is roughly 5-6 inches long(hard for me to measure), not counting the tail which is as long as he is. I want some other fish in it but I don't want to be overstocked. I'm considering a black moor and a bronze type oranda. I love long flowing fins. Most of the fantails I have seen have very short tails. Is this typical? I might also add a bristlenosed pleco, I'm debating about that.





Filtration is just an Emperor 400 bio-wheel and a 9 watt UV, but I am hoping to upgrade to a Rena XP3 eventually.





I'm going to use live plants, mostly crinium, jungle vals, swords, hygro %26amp; java fern. Any other plants that survive goldies? I don't want anubias





Decor will be a little driftwood, white quartz, and reddish rocks.





What do you think of the tank? Suggestions?


Can anyone tell me a website with lots of good pictures and descriptions of the goldfish varieties? Not the show quality ones, the stock that I could find in a pet store

New goldfish tank! Yay!?
Wow, your tank sounds like a very nice tank! Yes, some fantails can have very short tails, considering they are pretty big!! No, the pleco should not be in your tank with the Goldfish because Goldfish should never be put with tropical fish. Yes, the Bronze Ornada and a Black Moor would be a great addition to your tank! It wouldn't overcrowd, either. How about a BubbleEye golfsih instead of the pleco? He's meant to be with goldfish, and helps with the algae buildup.
Reply:The black moor and the bronze oranda would be a good addition and won't overstock your tank.





telescope


red cap


fantail


No comments:

Post a Comment